Friday, May 14, 2021

Book Review: Crooked Kingdom


Six of Crows Book 2

“I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting.”

This book is an amazing blend of a political drama, a slow burn romance, a perfect love and hilarious banter with a painfully beautiful ending.

SYNOPSIS

Welcome to the world of the Grisha.

Kaz Brekker and his crew of deadly outcasts have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives.

Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties.

A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets - a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.

REVIEW

This book brings an end to the terrifying adventure of the crows in the last book. I do not have words for how much I loved this book and every single one of it's characters (except for Kuwei, no one likes him). 

Generally, there are two kind of books, one with a satisfying ending and the other without. Crooked Kingdom was none and both. The ending could be considered perfect for some readers but to me it just left me wanting more of Kaz and Inej's moments and the Crows' amazing (life-threatening) adventures. Then again, I also think the beauty of the ending was in the mystery of it.

I was so entranced by every single page of the book, I finished it in a single night, by the end of which I was a crying mess. The way the characters and the plot was written was unreal. It truly felt like I was in the midst of every single situation. Every scene, every story, every romance was beautifully told.

All in all, Six of Crows is the best series I have ever read. My favourite genres are humour, action, thriller, romance and this is one of the very few books that has it all.

My Rating: 5/5

Author: Leigh Bardugo

Preceded by: Six of Crows


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Hercule Poirot's Christmas

"In conversation, points arise! If a human being converses much, it is impossible for him to avoid the truth." A brilliant detecti...